Online instructor-led training
Captivate: Responsive Projects
About the event
In this intermediate-level course participants will explore how to create responsive Captivate projects that adapt to fit any screen size: mobile, tablet or desktop. Participants will learn how to control themes, styles, and content for various screens sizes, as well as, the benefits of using smart positioning for content when building projects for multiple screen sizes. They will also discover how to modify non-responsive content to adapt to a responsive design and how to test responsive projects.
This class is appropriate for intermediate level users. Students should have taken the Captivate Intro course or have equivalent experience prior to taking this class. Bringing samples of the kinds of projects that you’d like to be able to do is helpful but not required. We also recommend that you have the software installed before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe web site at www.adobe.com.
CLASS STARTS IN:
- What is a responsive project?
- Responsive design overview
- HTML5 vs SWF Formats
- HTML5 limitations
- HTML5 compatibility issues
- Replacing incompatible content
- The HTML5 Tracker
- Viewport sizes and screen sizes
- What is a breakpoint?
- Customize Breakpoints
- Planning for breakpoints
- Managing breakpoint layouts
- Applying a responsive theme
- Customize theme colors
- Using master slides in responsive projects
- Ensuring text compatibility
- Creating responsive text
- Formatting text for different screen sizes
- Using pixel and percent positioning
- Use the Position Inspector
- Setting Relative Positioning
- Responsive project workflow
- Adding content in a responsive project
- Understanding the view hierarchy
- Excluding content from views
- Sizing and positioning content in a responsive project
- Controlling objects
- What is smart positioning?
- Using smart positioning
- Smart positioning to other objects
- Linking objects
- Making images responsive
- Adding video
- What content should be replaced?
- Replacing content for responsive designs
- Converting to responsive content
- Advanced action replacements
- Working with shared actions
- Creating responsive quizzes
- Responsive simulations
- HTML5 Tracker
- Previewing a responsive project
- Previewing methods
- Previewing and testing tools
- Testing in a browser
- Testing with Live Preview on Devices
All Classes Taught by Industry Pros
With over two decades of experience as a producer, director, editor, animator, marketing consultant, designer, and digital media trainer, Christine is a creative professional who has worked with clients such as Johns Hopkins University, Voice of America, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. She has taught a wide range of classes and custom training sessions for colleges, professional development centers, and private clients on topics such as graphic design, web design and development, 508 compliance, marketing, interactive media, video editing, animation, motion graphics, 3D modeling & animation, virtual/augmented reality, pre-production skills, and video production techniques, i.e. cinematography, directing and producing.